Tuesday, January 7, 2020

#27

Faith is a Muscle

This past Sunday at church my pastor said something during his sermon that really stuck with me and so I wanted to share it with you all.  The entire sermon was on faith; which is something that I love to learn more about because it is an area of my life that I need the most growth in but also have seen the most transformation in throughout my life.  How does our faith grow each year or even each day? It can be so hard to see the good that is going to come out of what seems like a bad situation.  But our faith grows when we are put into situations where we have to exercise our faith.  As you all probably know fitness is a huge part of my life and I am so passionate about it.  So looking at faith as a muscle really hit home with me.  We do not try to get our physical bodies in shape by sitting on the couch watching TV.  So, what makes us believe that we are able to get our faith ‘in shape’ by living sedentary? Our God is a God of action and I don’t know about you, but I want to get right in there with Him in the action.  The next time you are going through a time where your faith is being exercised and you feel fatigued remember to look at your situation through the eyes of God and not the eyes of man.  I am always trying to improve the strength and stabilization of my physical muscles as I work out.  Looking at a situation through the eyes of God will allow us to see a glimpse of the strength and stability that is to be gained if you chose to trust in and lean on God during tough situations.  My pastor at church used this as an example and I really loved it.  In life, because of Christ's love for us, we can be 4th and 99 to go and love the odds instead of sitting on the edge of our seats worrying. This is because Jesus is the QB of our life and his nail pierced hands do not miss. It may be within the last second of the game (Auburn plug haha… War Eagle) before you realize it, but up until the hail mary pass is caught, our faith muscles will be tested and strengthened until we cross the goal line. 

No comments:

Post a Comment